Saturday, July 21, 2007

Team Halfords Honda Civic is on fire!

“The little Honda Civic is going really well now and let's hope it continues for the rest of the season,” is what Gordon Shedden has to say about his prize baby in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season at Donington Park. I have posted an update regarding this race before but with a different leg, and the same news persisted---Team Halford's Honda Civic is on fire.

They managed to secure a second win, with Shedden making the most of pole position to take victory in challenging conditions in the opening race over the weekends. Although he lost out to the fast starting BMW of Mat Jackson at the start, Shedden was quickly able to reclaim the lead before the end of lap one and controlled the race from the front---surviving two Safety Car periods to clinch his second win of the season.

"The conditions today have been terrible,” he said in an interview. “In fact, the third race was the worst conditions I've ever raced in, bar none. To convert pole into a win in the first race was great and to get second in race two with full ballast was almost as good! The main goal in race three was to finish, as finishing all three races is something I haven't done this year which has hurt me in the points. I was a bit cautious as the start to make sure I didn't get taken off but came back through for a good points haul, I'll go home quite happy with what I've got this weekend.”

Stand by for more interesting updates about our team---the Honda Civic Team! Way to go guys! *wink